Thread: Good news from Turkey...

Good news from Turkey...

Long a source of tobacco for many of the world's smokers, the news from Turkey today promotes the benefits resulting from abstinence from smoking...
    If quitting smoking was one of your New Year's resolutions for 2020 perhaps this Sunday is the best time to do it. You may have been smoking for a year or 50, but doctors say it is never too late to give up a bad habit. Plus, it turns out that the miracle that is the human body can reverse a lot of the damage brought on by years of smoking and the effects of quitting can be felt almost instantly.
    Whether or not this timetable can apply to each and every smoker, it's definitely a step toward improved health to quit the nasty habit...I quit a four pack a day habit 43 years ago, and although I'll never regret my decision, the pull of tobacco for me is even stronger than the lure of alcohol which I booted out of my life the same day...

I constantly fight the urge to go shopping for a good cigar, or a nice new meerschaum lined briar pipe and a tin of Flying Dutchman tobacco...For me the alcohol is a lot easier to live without...But as Fred's sigline suggests, I continue to set a new record everyday...

But still......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I hope that good news impacts far more people than tobacco damaged.

I smoked lightly for about 2 years in my 20's. Then I met my wife. She said, "You are no longer a smoker." I agreed and quit smoking. Now, 35 years later, the smoke is gone and she remains.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I quit Y2K... But I do still enjoy the occasional Hibana Quintero from Cuba when my Cartel buddies come over with an 8 ball.... I doubt smoking will kill me

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I quit Y2K... But I do still enjoy the occasional Hibana Quintero from Cuba when my Cartel buddies come over with an 8 ball.... I doubt smoking will kill me
    You're lucky, you control your smoking, it doesn't control you...In my case I can't smoke one, I have to smoke them all......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

When I had the boat I liked to enjoy a couple puffs at sunset / happy hour but one cigar would typically last me 4 days.