Long a source of tobacco for many of the world's smokers, the news from Turkey today promotes the benefits resulting from abstinence from smoking...
If quitting smoking was one of your New Year's resolutions for 2020 perhaps this Sunday is the best time to do it. You may have been smoking for a year or 50, but doctors say it is never too late to give up a bad habit. Plus, it turns out that the miracle that is the human body can reverse a lot of the damage brought on by years of smoking and the effects of quitting can be felt almost instantly.
Whether or not this timetable can apply to each and every smoker, it's definitely a step toward improved health to quit the nasty habit...I quit a four pack a day habit 43 years ago, and although I'll never regret my decision, the pull of tobacco for me is even stronger than the lure of alcohol which I booted out of my life the same day...

I constantly fight the urge to go shopping for a good cigar, or a nice new meerschaum lined briar pipe and a tin of Flying Dutchman tobacco...For me the alcohol is a lot easier to live without...But as Fred's sigline suggests, I continue to set a new record everyday...

But still......Ben