Thread: Another aircraft incident...

Another aircraft incident...

This one broke into three pieces after landing...
    The plane broke apart after skidding off the runway.
    The plane caught fire after landing, and ambulances and rescue teams were at the scene to rescue passengers, CNN Turk reported. The airport has been temporarily closed to air traffic.
    I can't tell from the pictures what kind of plane it was, but at least there was no loss of life this time......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Just a guess Ben but it looks like a 737 or either an airbus with under wing engines
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Just a guess Ben but it looks like a 737 or either an airbus with under wing engines
    Found it...
    Airbus A320 (twin-jet)
    ...Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

It has been confirmed as a 737-800.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It has been confirmed as a 737-800.
    Odd that FlightAware has been calling it an Airbus A320 for two years......Ben

And yet here's a source to support your finding, Tom......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    And yet here's a source to support your finding, Tom......Ben
    And another...I don't know civilian aircraft that well to identify it from today's photos......Ben

That is crazy.....................

I believe you're right, and FlightAware got it wrong as the airline ID numbers forward of the tail section on the fuselage do not agree...If so, another blow for Boeing...But I don't see how anybody could live being seated where the main fuselage break occurred......Ben

I got my information from flight radar 24.

I got my information from flight radar 24.
    I've relied on FlightAware in the past...I'll no longer be doing that...Thanks for the correction, Tom......Ben

Three reported dead now, and it was indeed a Boeing 737......Ben