Thread: Interesting article on light duty diesel Pick ups

Interesting article on light duty diesel Pick ups

OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I read that earlier...As expected, they rated the Dodge above the others...As an aside, yesterday while attending my route I saw an early Ford Ranger with probably the Perkins engine judging from the sound...I haven't seen one in many years, but it's good to know they're still on the road......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

That is a good article. I'm still waiting for my Jeep Wrangler Diesel 3.0 to be built. It's the 3rd generation Dodge 3.0 from the Ram they're using. The 3.0-liter turbodiesel V-6 will make 260 horsepower and 442 lb-ft of torque.

It'll be the first Jeep I've owned that can do the Pony Express Trail, which is dirt from Fairfield Utah to Wendover Nevada, on one tank of fuel.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    It's the 3rd generation Dodge 3.0 from the Ram they're using. The 3.0-liter turbodiesel V-6 will make 260 horsepower and 442 lb-ft of torque.
    Speaking of which, I found this today......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

What would I do with a 1500?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    What would I do with a 1500?
    Dunno...The last half-ton I remember owning was my 1990 Chevy SS 454...These days I only feel comfortable with my training wheels in the back......Ben

"...in this one Tradesman crew cab example, there's an astonishing $20,575 taken off the MSRP!"

Wow - and I mean WOW!

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead