Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Needs One of These

Ben Needs One of These

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

From my experience I think I should stay with my current Reebok system...The donated cans found on my collection routes invariably have a little liquid left in them even though I turn them upside down before bagging them...By the time I get home and dump them on the concrete porch for flattening, several ounces of their former contents come out of the bag with them...When I Reebok them, I get a little more out on the porch necessitating a hose down when I finish...I hang the bags on the porch rail to drain before reusing them...

I can just see feeding cans into the contraption in the video and getting splattered with stale beer and soda pop......

Besides the precious metal I flatten the old fashioned way are no longer cylindrical like the ones in the video, and either wouldn't fit or would be forcibly ejected back at me......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    From my experience I think I should stay with my current Reebok system...The donated cans found on my collection routes invariably have a little liquid left in them even though I turn them upside down before bagging them...By the time I get home and dump them on the concrete porch for flattening, several ounces of their former contents come out of the bag with them...When I Reebok them, I get a little more out on the porch necessitating a hose down when I finish...I hang the bags on the porch rail to drain before reusing them...

I can just see feeding cans into the contraption in the video and getting splattered with stale beer and soda pop......

Besides the precious metal I flatten the old fashioned way are no longer cylindrical like the ones in the video, and either wouldn't fit or would be forcibly ejected back at me......Ben
    For a "small fee" I can assure you I could come up with a really elegant automated system to satisfactorily address all your concerns
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    For a "small fee" I can assure you I could come up with a really elegant automated system to satisfactorily address all your concerns
    My current system works for Diet Dr Pepper and coffee, although it makes complaining noises and often needs a nap after a flattening session...I'm sure you could come up with a silent-running design that does not need such frequent re-charging, but will it also gather its own raw materials from sources afield without incurring the wrath of hobo camp inhabitants?...And most importantly, will initial costs fit into the budget of this newly established startup business currently operating on leftover change after living expenses on Social Security?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I'll put you in touch with some venture capitalist
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I'll put you in touch with some venture capitalist
    I'll be happy to capitalize on any cash they venture to send my way......Ben

After checking up on the precious metals. Price on the NYSE , I find it at $ 0 .28 per lb. At aprox. 30 cans per. Lb. I certainly hope the health benefits you receive while procuring your exotic treasures reimburse you for the physical and time expenditure .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    I certainly hope the health benefits you receive while procuring your exotic treasures reimburse you for the physical and time expenditure .
    To quote the late, great Dan Tanna:
    If it was easy, anybody could do it...
    ...Ben

Been since you're so much a fan of your Reeboks I found something here you might could use.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7198324...xoCxugQAvD_BwE
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Been since you're so much a fan of your Reeboks I found something here you might could use.
    And only $494.74 on sale...Frankly the best thing about my Reeboks is that they ain't Nike...They were comfortable when I first bought them 10 years ago, but now my feet hurt after walking a route...And with diabetes that's not good...I notice the sole of one has a hole in it, so I suppose I'll be visiting Academy soon...I hope the income from my next sale will cover this unbudgeted capital expenditure......Ben

Ben everybody has their own preferences but I can tell you unequivocally that the Asics Quantum gel 360 is the absolute most comfortable sneaker I have ever worn. It was recommended to me by a surgeon that is a friend of mine who stands on his feet many hours a day they are a little pricey but if you catch them online you can get them reasonable they last forever also the pair I'm wearing now are 3 years old and are hardly worn out.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Thanks for the recommendation, Tom...Academy has them listed, so I'll take a look......Ben

To get back to the main reason for this post. I believe we need proof of the disposal of the precious metals collected .

Is it possible that our very own metal magnate is part and parcel of a bigger fraud on the Golden [ urine ] covered state of California ?

I give you this link in order to allow you to make your own decision. https://www.realclearinvestigations....me_122224.html

I should also note that he is extremely proud of the fuel capacity of his truck , which would enable travel to the West Coast with few stops wherein questions may be asked about the contents of suspicious black plastic bags.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Is it possible that our very own metal magnate is part and parcel of a bigger fraud on the Golden [ urine ] covered state of California ?
    Ah, if only plastic bottles had a market here in Texas!...I could truly be a mogul...While it's true that the mighty Dodge/Cummins beast of burden could easily haul a million bucks worth of plastic to the western nanny state, such an act is still fraudulent, unlawful and not profitable enough to sully my rep...

[Note: my integrity may very well be available for purchase, but so far no one has ever offered enough moolah...]

...Ben

To get back to the main reason for this post. I believe we need proof of the disposal of the precious metals collected .
    And I'll see if I can gather some photographic evidence before my next trip to the aluminum bank...Right now there is only about 250-300 pounds of precious metal piled up for transport, and I'd like at least twice that......Ben