Thread: Discuss....

Discuss....

Maybe this should be in the arts and crafts forum. Cool table I guess.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0296.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	233.6 KB 
ID:	37253  

"Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

A waste of space and does not look like it belongs [ without the full room view ]. Also a tripping hazard.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Just an educated guess, but point of aim does not seem to correlate to point of impact......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I suggested it was a warranty issue. Maybe back the load off?

don"

So to finish up this safety meeting, remember to take the bore sight out. It also ruined the chrono.

This wasn't me btw.

don"

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    So to finish up this safety meeting, remember to take the bore sight out. It also ruined the chrono.

This wasn't me btw.
    Now that you bring that up---I think I saw this before.

I'm not sure how you can do that---but day by day I find more and more unexplainable dumb chit
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I'm not sure how you can do that---but day by day I find more and more unexplainable dumb chit
    In the gun biz I had a number of guns brought to me with multiple bullets stuck in the barrel...Notable among them was a Glock 21 1st Gen with two hardballs stuck in an obviously bulged barrel...I got them out, but its owner understandably didn't trust the barrel anymore with its bulge...He said I could keep it for parts, and bought a new one from me...

I decided to shoot it myself since the barrel had no pressure cracks, and I couldn't see any other damage...As it turned out, it was very accurate, and after shooting a full 50 rounds through it I put it out as a rent gun...Nobody ever had an issue with it...After a few years a guy liked shooting it so much he wanted to buy it...I took it apart, showed him the barrel and explained how I acquired it...It didn't bother him so we made a deal, and he went home with it...

In another instance, the Chief Deputy of one of the constable departments brought in a S&W M19 he was trying to qualify with...He said it "jammed" while shooting his reloads, and left it with me...I couldn't open the cylinder because a lead bullet was stuck between the cylinder and the forcing cone...A few taps with a wooden mallet got it open, and I took out a total of four wadcutters stacked in the barrel...He had fired four squibs in succession, and didn't even notice anything wrong until the trigger wouldn't work anymore...I cleaned the lead out of the barrel, and advised him to shoot only factory ammo through it from now on...Fortunately for the sake of public safety his job is administrative (yes he's still there) and he has never shot except at the qualifying range......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I have only had one mishap along those lines and that was a .22 LR that failed to clear the barrel in a pistol----the sound was notably off. I pushed the bullet out from the muzzle and found no damage. Possibly because this was a revolver and had space to "leak" pressure.

I sent the complete round back to Remington along with the flap from one of the boxes (of a full brick). Remington sent me a new brick and life was good
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis