Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
I'm not sure how you can do that---but day by day I find more and more unexplainable dumb chit
In the gun biz I had a number of guns brought to me with multiple bullets stuck in the barrel...Notable among them was a Glock 21 1st Gen with two hardballs stuck in an obviously bulged barrel...I got them out, but its owner understandably didn't trust the barrel anymore with its bulge...He said I could keep it for parts, and bought a new one from me...

I decided to shoot it myself since the barrel had no pressure cracks, and I couldn't see any other damage...As it turned out, it was very accurate, and after shooting a full 50 rounds through it I put it out as a rent gun...Nobody ever had an issue with it...After a few years a guy liked shooting it so much he wanted to buy it...I took it apart, showed him the barrel and explained how I acquired it...It didn't bother him so we made a deal, and he went home with it...

In another instance, the Chief Deputy of one of the constable departments brought in a S&W M19 he was trying to qualify with...He said it "jammed" while shooting his reloads, and left it with me...I couldn't open the cylinder because a lead bullet was stuck between the cylinder and the forcing cone...A few taps with a wooden mallet got it open, and I took out a total of four wadcutters stacked in the barrel...He had fired four squibs in succession, and didn't even notice anything wrong until the trigger wouldn't work anymore...I cleaned the lead out of the barrel, and advised him to shoot only factory ammo through it from now on...Fortunately for the sake of public safety his job is administrative (yes he's still there) and he has never shot except at the qualifying range......Ben