Thread: RBG Article

RBG Article

I don't care that she is a liberal, she is real! You've just gotta like Justice Ginsberg!

"Now we've seen the high degree of polarization in recent years," Ginsburg said at a LBJ Foundation event Thursday. "Yes, that's true… My hope is that someday there will be patriots on both sides of the aisle who are determined to stop the dysfunction we are now experiencing and will decide that their institutional government should work for the benefit of all of the people."

[snip]

When asked what her fears for the U.S. over the next decade were, she continued: "That is the fear that this polarization will continue, and my greatest hope is that it will end. So you think back to how it was in '93, the person who was my biggest supporter on the Senate Judiciary Committee was not the then-chairman, although the chairman was certainly in my corner; it was then-Senator Biden. But my greatest supporter was Orrin Hatch of Utah. And, Strom Thurmond gave me a supply of Strom Thurmond key chains, which has lasted until last year."
    The Interview.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

She is something. I don't know how she keeps up the work at her age, I just respect the effort.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Funny that no one else here seems to care for her. I guess maybe y'all didn't know she was tight with Scalia. I know y'all liked him! They even vacationed together. Just goes to show how both sides can get along. What's wrong with congress? Why can't they get along?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I think Ginsberg is a very ethical and straightforward Justice. She is liberal and she's not ashamed of it. I think she's really great in her own regard. I just generally disagree with some of her legal reasoning on some of the opinions that she has written.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Oh, I disagree with her a lot! I just like her as a down to earth real person.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Oh, I disagree with her a lot! I just like her as a down to earth real person.
    X2

The real life Energizer bunny
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I don't know how she keeps up the work at her age, I just respect the effort.
    I agree with both points...I know her political stance, but I'll admit I have not made a study of her judicial decisions...I know she has an abiding hatred of President Trump, and has inspired some true fanatics because of it...(I refer to one in particular who offered to die for an immediate heart transplant if it would prolong her life)...

But I still think she should have retired some time ago with her health issues......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...