Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I found it!...

Quote Originally Posted by wacojoe View Post
    “For now we see through a glass darkly.” — 1 Corinthians 12:31
    The Filipinos even know how to make indoor light from those eyesore plastic bottles cluttering the lucrative precious metals mining sites......Ben

"God said, 'Let there be light,' and there was light" - Genesis 1:3...

[And it's 1 Corinthians 13:12 in my KJV, Joe...But who's counting?...]

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

After the flattening process was complete at the Reebok Treatment Plant, the contents of the 11 collection bags fit neatly in the 4 more secure transport bags...The collection bags are re-used until rips and tears reduce their usefulness to landfill quality at which point Waste Management takes responsibility......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Late to the party but here's another idea for crushing a beer can: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpQGC6h_A1A
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Late to the party but here's another idea for crushing a beer can: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpQGC6h_A1A
    Thanks Fred...I believe that's also called the John Belushi/Bluto method from Animal House...On a more practical scale, I found this video in the sidebar from your link...As per Mike's suggestion earlier, it's worth looking into as I await approval on my equipment grant request from the EPA with matching funds from Anhueser-Busch...I even thought about asking the Budweiser Clydesdales over for a can-stomping exercise, but I don't have a ready market for their fertilizer production......Ben

I wonder if ingots will pay for the propane he uses?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I wonder if ingots will pay for the propane he uses?
    He might be breaking even...He says he uses them to make art, not cash...I prefer the cash......Ben

For those wondering about the health risks involved in the precious metals daytrading business, there is always the possibility of coming into contact with the dreaded Corona Virus, as well as the Dos Equis, Tecate, Modelo and Carta Blanca viruses, but the predominant sources seem to be the Anheuser-Busch family and the Miller Lite cartel......Ben

I can't say enough good about your new signature Ben---excellent sir.

And, for anyone else like me who did not recognize the source of Ben's quote; here you go.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Thanks Dave...For those not in the know, the Filipinos are not only among the toughest fighters in history, as the US has discovered having had them as both enemies and allies, but their patriotism is beyond compare...The text of my sigline is only a portion of a much longer letter written by Tomás Confesor in answer to the demand by the puppet governor put up by the Japanese who said all "loyal" Filipinos should lay down their arms before the superior Japanese forces, and submit to their will...My quote is verbatim from the portion Samuel Morison used as the frontispiece for Vol. 13 of his "History of US Naval Operations in WWII"...

I'll add that the thoughts therein have many implications for people today regardless of political affiliations......Ben

For those interested, I found what appears to be the full text of the letter in an archive of The Reports of Gen. MacArthur...I can't verify that this is the complete unedited text, but I think Gov. Confesor's general ideas came through clearly......Ben

I went back today to the can depository, and closed their account...Another three sacks, plus I reconned the Lowes perimeter for another sack and a half...I also ID'ed several smaller camps near Sam's and raided the closer ones...Another good day in the business world...And my new cargo net worked perfectly......Ben

Ben and Dave - thank you.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Ben said:
    I'll add that the thoughts therein have many implications for people today regardless of political affiliations......Ben
    Agree---that is exactly what was turning over in my mind as I read it.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Agree---that is exactly what was turning over in my mind as I read it.
    I figured you'd be the first to see that part......Ben

Reports from undisclosed sources reveal an emerging pattern of seemingly unconnected raids on hobo camps in the Conroe area where an underworld of overnight encampments exists so those described by their enablers as "homeless" and "undocumented workers" can find temporary resting spots, and consume their daily allotments of Steel Reserve malt liquor and Bud Ice beer...Nothing seems to be missing from the victims other than their mountains of discarded aluminum containers...The only clues found by investigators are vague descriptions of an elderly trail walker who has been seen in the vicinity of some of these locations at the time of the raids...He is described as tall, cheap and apparently deprived of female company for extended periods...He may also be driving a powerful, reliable Dodge/Cummins getaway truck...If seen, approach with caution as he may be armed, but is believed to be harmless unless provoked...

Some photographic evidence has been submitted by an anonymous source which may indicate the raider is wearing a gimme cap designed to scare away any overnight inhabitants of the hobo camps...Another photo may depict the raider's collection of precious metal being collected for an unknown purpose...One of the victims who discovered missing items from his encampment was quoted as saying through a translator:
    Hey, man, somebody took our stuff, man...This chit ain't right, man...
    That is all......Ben