Thread: It's finally winter

It's finally winter

In the Deep South that is. We're going down to 21 degrees tonight and frankly that's cold as hell. I know some of you guys in other places would laugh at that and I would agree but for me getting out in the car tomorrow morning with it being around 26 degrees sucks.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It got out of the 20's here the other day, but it's snowing. Enjoy it while it lasts because its on its way out. The days are 25 minutes longer already and I saw mud the other day! I can hardly wait for fire season.

Seriously though, ice becomes more of a problem as I get older. Something happens - like gravity gets stronger or the ground gets harder I seem to hit the ground faster and it hurts more. Skiing would kill me.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

I turned the heater on one night last week, but it got too hot to sleep so I turned it off again...It's nice not to have that high A/C bill for a couple of months though......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

It went below freezing last night for the third time this year. If we don't get some cold weather soon, we won't get any and this spring and summer will be a bug fest.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

We're pleased to see a "normal" Winter hit our state. For, we're seeing precipitation levels at 200% in some areas. Now, that's not crucial to us locally, but other states that get our water (e.g., AZ, NV) will get our runoff this coming Spring. So, expect to see Lake Powell and Lake Mead rise considerably.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I'm freezing up until lately this little plug in heaters have worked well enough because it has warmed up a little during the day. Today I've got me and my dog in the back room, me with three pairs of pants and three shirts. I've got other hearters but when I plug them in the fuses blow. Didn't think my old diesel was going to start this morning but it did thanks to newish batteries. So despite being cold today was good.
    This is your mind on drugs!