Thread: Everything is relative

Everything is relative

A Mercedes mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the motor of a 550 sedan when he spotted a well-known cardiac surgeon in his shop.

The surgeon was there waiting for the service manager to come and take a look at his car when the mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey, Doc, want to take a look at this?" The cardiac surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to where the mechanic was working.

The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, "So Doc, look at this engine. I opened its heart, took the valves out, repaired or replaced anything damaged and then put everything back in and, when I finished, it worked just like new.

So, how is it that I make $48,000 a year and you make $1.7M when you and I are doing basically the same work?

The cardiac surgeon paused, leaned over and then whispered to the mechanic: "Try doing it with the engine running.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

That is funny and true in so many ways. I will try to remember that to tell my doctor.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.