Thread: Last chance...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Last chance...

It seems that for those who never upgraded Win7 to Win10, there is still a chance to do it without paying for the upgrade...I still have two machines on Win7, but I don't think I can restart either in time to beat tomorrow's deadline......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

What is the downside to staying on 7?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    What is the downside to staying on 7?
    None if you're happy with Win7's performance, and understand there'll be no further support from Microsoft......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Wrong!

The downside is no new security patches for 7. So, as soon as a new exploit is discovered the hackers will be able to use it to attack whatever Win 7 system they choose. Since there will be no security updates, the exploit will spread rapidly.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I have a Gateway that started as a Windows 8 and did the free 10 upgrade. It's a brick now.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Blue74 View Post
    I have a Gateway that started as a Windows 8 and did the free 10 upgrade. It's a brick now.
    That's what I'm afraid of and why I haven't upgraded yet. I'm waiting until after my new loan is closed before upgrading. I can't afford to lose anything the lender might want. Until then, I'm keeping frequent backups.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke