Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry and Meghan

Harry and Meghan

Well I will not in the least be offendedif no one responds to this. But I just had to ask. Here's my take for what it is worth. Meghan was a mature, smart and worldly lady when she married Harry. She had to know what it was going to be like to be a royal. I think she did not get her craving for attention filled to her satisfaction and quickly realized (she should have known) that is was Harry's brother and his family that were the big cheese. I don't think that settled with her and she began to pout about it and raised a fit with Harry and told him that she thought they ought to go at it alone. Although it should be pointed out that they both want to retain royal security and 95% of the compensation that they are currently entitled to and controlled by Harry's father. With Meghan running this deal it could get ugly quick because it is obvious that she could give a rat's ass about the monarchy. Now I do know that some will laud her for being a strong independent woman, that's fair. I just don't see it that way................Finally Harry has a role in this and could have stopped it, but he apparently either agrees with his wife or feels he must please her to keep his marriage.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I see these people mentioned in my news feed a lot, and although I know who they are, it's always in the entertainment section so I also know anything they say or do means absolutely diddly squat...Therefore I never read it...But I'll read about it here because this is my entertainment, and I like to watch you goobers argue......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I think Harry is completely out of his league and is being squashed like a bug under her thumb. "Yes, dear!"

This marriage does not have long to live.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I think the Queen should set them free, totally no cottage no stipend no nothing. They will do fine she already has a contract with Disney.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I think the Queen should set them free, totally no cottage no stipend no nothing. They will do fine she already has a contract with Disney.
    Her Disney contract was for a voice-over with the proceeds going to charity. She made nothing.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Who?
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Her Disney contract was for a voice-over with the proceeds going to charity. She made nothing.
    Correct but this is only the beginning they have made it clear that they want to be able to earn income which is prohibited in their current royal status. Hollywood will be all over Meghan, they will make her a hero. She will get real rich real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    Who?
    Phillbo is that you?

She will get real rich real quick.
    Like those Kardashian people?...I still haven't figured out who they are except one of them was OJ Simpson's lawyer, and another was an Olympic star until he had his gonads cut off and started wearing a dress......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Like those Kardashian people?...I still haven't figured out who they are except one of them was OJ Simpson's lawyer, and another was an Olympic star until he had his gonads cut off and started wearing a dress......Ben
    The K girls are famous for being famous. The matriarch of the clan Kris is a marketing genius. She is extremely smart, really a remarkable woman. Her girls owe her big time.

The K girls are famous for being famous.
    What does that mean?......Ben

They did not really do anything noteworthy they just became famous out of thin air. Like I said the mom is a genius, read up on her and how she built this empire. She is quite a woman.

Phillbo is that you?

Might as well be.. I THINK you are talking British Royalty? I could be wrong though...

Or are we talking Frozen II ?

Thanks but I'm not sure I want to know any more than that...It's just beyond my sphere of interest......Ben

Yeah, put me down for "not interested at all" in the royals as well.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead