Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For the dog lover in all of us

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I'd rather have a leak under my slab than in my attic.
    Checking...Nope, not the Bilge...Can't fix that one......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Designing a house so you can run the water out of the attic and down the walls doesn't make sense, but then if you like the design it's all good. I'd much rather have them under the slab. The damage a leak in the attic incurs usually runs in the thousands to fix.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    I'd much rather have them under the slab.
    I've never heard of a house around here being built that way...Even when we built Shooter's Station, the hot water heater was installed over the vault, and all the pipes went through the walls......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

What happens when the water heater leaks?

And, why do people call them Hot Water Heater? They are Water Heaters... you don't have to heat hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    What happens when the water heater leaks?

And, why do people call them Hot Water Heater? They are Water Heaters... you don't have to heat hot water
    I replace it when it leaks, what do you do?...

And a good Presidential candidate will not argue colloquialisms, every vote counts......Ben

Ben a large amount of homes are built on concrete pads and the plumbing is laid out below the concrete. So yes if you get a leak you are busting concrete.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I've never heard of a house around here being built that way...Even when we built Shooter's Station, the hot water heater was installed over the vault, and all the pipes went through the walls......Ben
    When one gets a leak in the attic or above heated space you don't see it right away and it can cause a lot of damage before it's found. Your supply line comes out of the ground and has to be piped upstairs. Tubs, toilets, sinks etc...all have waste lines that have to go under the slab and your supply lines usually just go in the same ditch with just one supply line going upstairs to the water heater.

I concede the fact that it gets done...Surprisingly to many there are a few things I didn't know...But every house I ever owned was a on a concrete slab, and they all had pipes in the attic...Maybe it's a regional thing......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    Tubs, toilets, sinks etc...all have waste lines that have to go under the slab
    Correct...That's where my sewer lines are......Ben

Generally around here when I see a subdivision going up I will see a pad sitting there with numerous pieces of PVC protruding out of it that is quite common. I don't think it's regional.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Correct...That's where my sewer lines are......Ben
    I hope so. As for your water lines as long as it works it works.

Back to Dogs. This thing comes off as a viscous attack dog but he just wants out to get petted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tippy.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	37225  

Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Blue74 View Post
    ...but he just wants out to get petted.
    Don't we all?......Ben

What is that Corgi mixed with?