Thread: U.S. Economy Added 145,000 Jobs in December

U.S. Economy Added 145,000 Jobs in December

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    They took our mills away, no logging so eco wackos will soon go after it all.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Other than Health Care most of the jobs are low paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Other than Health Care most of the jobs are low paying.
    Yes they are
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

My how quickly something positive can turn negative.............................
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Not negative, just a comment from an unemployed guy looking for a well paying job. I'd rather live on my savings for a while longer than take a low paying job in the Hospitality industry.....

Head to Taco Bell , I hear that they are going to pay Mgrs. 100 K per year.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    Presidential campaign managers can only dream about skimming, I mean earning that much......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Not negative, just a comment from an unemployed guy looking for a well paying job. I'd rather live on my savings for a while longer than take a low paying job in the Hospitality industry.....
    Sorry about the job situation. I hope you find something that fits your needs. My point was that adding large number of jobs every month is a good thing for the economy in general and should be viewed as positive.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    Given what I am currently paying my campaign manager I can't afford to live on that..... Don't buy his precious metals ploy, it's just a front.

The Presidential retirement plan is a doozy too......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

35 years ago I was making $15.** an hour as a carpenter. Starting pay right now is: "I'll pay you 12 until I see what you can do" Something ain't right! The price of housing whether it's remodeling or from the ground up is way up cost-wise, the quality and pay are way down. BUT!! The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. Glad all those jobs are out there but you cam't live off them.
    This is your mind on drugs!