Thread: Cummins does it again!...

Cummins does it again!...

Cummins Westport B6.7N Natural Gas Engine Receives Near Zero Emissions Certifications; Full Natural Gas Engine Portfolio Now Certified Near Zero
    SOURCE...This is pretty much the same engine as in my Dodge, just running on NG instead of diesel...
    The B6.7N natural gas engine is available with ratings from 200 to 240 hp and up to 560 lb-ft. of peak torque. The B6.7N is designed for truck, school bus, and shuttle bus. Like Cummins Westport’s L9N and ISX12N engines, the B6.7N features on-board diagnostics, an enhanced, maintenance-free three-way catalyst, a closed crankcase ventilation system, and an engine control module recently redesigned for improved durability.
    ...Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Go gettem everyone!

I'm sorry to say that the current grand loser in my portfolio is Westport. I still have 1000 shares from 2014---you don't want to know the rest

I need to move on
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I'm sorry to say that the current grand loser in my portfolio is Westport. I still have 1000 shares from 2014---you don't want to know the rest
    I suppose I should feel fortunate that my only investment in Cummins is parked in my driveway......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I also have Cummins---but that is a far more enjoyable story

Westport Innovations is a Canadian company and does have joint supply agreements with Cummins but to the best of my knowledge Cummins does not have any kind of ownership position---I wish they did
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

All if our "diesel" city buses run on CNG. You can not smell a thing behind them.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    All if our "diesel" city buses run on CNG. You can not smell a thing behind them.
    The Detroit Diesels in the garbage trucks here are the same......Ben

Times are changing....at least now when you google "cummins anti gun" you get a picture of Elija Cummings on the first page.......

"Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

We have a CNG loading facility 5 miles from the cottage.

I have never seen the interior of the trailers---but they are not what I would expect of a CNG transport vehicle.

The exterior is in all ways just a common dry van trailer, I have to assume there is a tank(s) inside. They are always parked with the nose toward the road when loading, thus no chance of peaking inside

Our gas is particularly well suited for that application. It is both dry (contains only methane) and the BTU content is within 5 BTU/therm (higher), than the standard.

Probably not a lot to see, Dave. I found a video that shows the back end open. Just a bunch of valves, gauges and such. Look at the 1:20 point +/-.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I'm one of those who would have expected an entirely different configuration on the transports......Ben