Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking the Jeep Diesel Plunge for the First Time

Quote Originally Posted by wacojoe View Post
    100lbs. is a lot less added weight than I guessed.
    Ahhh… but it turns out I was wrong about saying the Jeep weighs 100 lbs more.

Well, kind of wrong (which is still wrong). For, the diesel engine itself weighs about 100 lbs more than the gasser. But, the Wrangler gained another 300 lbs in other areas - like the beefier tranny and axels, additional skid plates, acoustic matting, DEF tank, etc.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    So the 44 is an updrade for jeeps? Did you happen to notice if the front is a high pinion? That might be one reason the driveline geometry is better?

I live on the road to Moab so I see a steady stream of them.

Incidentally, my go-to FM radio station here at home is out of Moab.
    Yes, the 44 is typically just for Rubys, but the additional torque of the Diesel requires more back up in a Sahara. You know, I should know whether the new Ruby is high-pinion or not, but I cannot recall - even though I've replaced the suspension and drivelines on 'em. And, the Ruby also has higher suspension mounts.

I envy anyone living on a road to Moab. I can seriously see myself living there someday.

We may both know the FM station in Moab. For, a friend used to own one of them.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Welcome to the rabbit hole. I bought a jeep to run around in about five years ago. After a year, I went to a four door. I love it, but it has been expensive, I probably do more hard core rock crawling than trail running, but i enjoy it a lot. I will admit, that I put it on a trailer for trips longer than a couple of hours, or when my wife is on the trip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AB1D49F6-E4F6-4DF7-9F91-E02A2A3F9DF7.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	487.6 KB 
ID:	37224  

If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

I like it, Scooter.

Hunter