Thread: Trump stands down for now

Trump stands down for now

Good well thought out move. I am in complete agreement. Iran clearly knows they are on double secret probation. I think Trump has shown tremendous judgement through out this entire Iranian misbehavior going all the way back to the Iranian attack on the Saudi oil fields and the drones.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Maybe and maybe not.

Depends if they can work out an agreement as war will not do anything for either side. As who gets the most praise will depend on what happens next.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Good well thought out move. I am in complete agreement. Iran clearly knows they are on double secret probation. I think Trump has shown tremendous judgement through out this entire Iranian misbehavior going all the way back to the Iranian attack on the Saudi oil fields and the drones.
    I was both surprised and impressed.

I was surprised we were not going to destroy Iran.

I was impressed with Trump's speech. It was not something I expected from him. He was well reasoned and mostly well spoken. You did see him almost trip up a few times when he almost got off the prepared speech on the teleprompter, but he recovered and continued. All in all, good job!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Sounds like he is FINALLY starting to listen to his people.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Sounds like he is FINALLY starting to listen to his people.
    I think you are right.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I was impressed with Trump's speech...All in all, good job!
    I just read it...I agree......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Yep - not too shabby, my friends. So far, so good.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I am beginning to believe we have a little wag the dog going on with this Iranian deal. I don't think any personnel were ever in danger. I think we knew what and when it was coming. Trump was way to cool and calm for it to have been a "real " attack. Trump does not want a war and Iran need to "save face". We traded a few holes in the ground for the life of a real bad guy. I like our side of that.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

We traded a few holes in the ground for the life of a real bad guy. I like our side of that.
    I agree. And I think that trading holes makes it a battle I like too.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I am beginning to believe we have a little wag the dog going on with this Iranian deal. I don't think any personnel were ever in danger. I think we knew what and when it was coming. Trump was way to cool and calm for it to have been a "real " attack. Trump does not want a war and Iran need to "save face". We traded a few holes in the ground for the life of a real bad guy. I like our side of that.

I agree. Much better outcome than a full-blown war.