Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iran Has Fired Missiles At U.S. Bases in Iraq

Iran Has Fired Missiles At U.S. Bases in Iraq

Breaking news, Iran has fired missiles at U.S. bases in Iraq.

Missiles were fired early Wednesday in multiple locations across Iraq, a senior U.S. military source in the country told Fox News, describing it as a series of attacks on U.S. forces from Iran.
    Source

Bad move on their part.

I guess the war is on. Not something I wanted to see, but it is something that needs to be done. Time for a regime change.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

The only link I could find was the NYT which doesn't want me to read it......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I posted a link to Fox on edit. ABC news is reporting it live right now on the evening news.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

ABC news is reporting "possibly tens of ballistic missiles" fired at U.S. bases.

Update from Fox:

Missiles were fired early Wednesday in multiple locations across Iraq, a senior U.S. military source in the country told Fox News, describing it as a series of attacks on U.S. forces from Iran.The source told Fox News' Jennifer Griffin: "Under missile attack from Iran. These are either cruise missiles or short-range ballistic missiles. All over the country." The missiles struck near Al Assad Air Base in Anbar, among other locations. There was no immediate word on injuries or damage.

Meantime, Iran state TV claimed Tehran launched "tens" of surface-to-surface missiles at Iraq's Ain Assad air base housing U.S. troops.

So, fire hundreds back..... easy peasy.

We should be able to overwhelm them within just a few days. I hope I'm not wrong but i assume we are smart enough to have more ammo in the area than they do....

Overwhelm them with the reply!!

May our troops and civilians there survive any attacks - and may our response strikes be deadly.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Man the Iranian leaders are either stupid or delusional or both. I'm not sure I know which. It seems like they would try to get along with us. You would hope with just basic intelligence they would understand opposing us is fruitless but maybe if they kill a few soldiers here and there that makes them feel better.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I vote for both stupid and delusional, Honda.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I vote Tomahawks and many of them. B52's as well. Make it rain.

Don't let boots get anywhere near the targets.

I'm betting we take out their nuclear infrastructure among a few other things like launch sites
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Looks like Iran has now issued a statement basically saying this was our retaliation which was legal under un Charter so that's about it. So I think they're saying you killed our dude and we shot some missiles at your bases so we're now all equal. Seems like Trump's probably going to speak tomorrow

We probably won't do anything during the daylight there so I figure around 4 PM we can expect to see CNN reporting incoming cruise missiles in Iran taking out the command and control infrastructure and air defenses. That will be followed up by bunker busters hitting the underground nuclear sites.

I don't know that US needs to do anyting it's clear that they're scared ****tless. Most of those Middle Eastern countries continue to tell you how they're going to kill you and how you will die and how everything will happen. Then they like to fluff with a lot of inflammatory language and intimidate. And this time they basically said hey we shot at your base we're done we're equal please leave us alone thank you.

I don't know that US needs to do anyting it's clear that they're scared ****tless.
    And the next time they think they can kill our soldiers? How about Pakistan now that they know we're scared****tless, Russia, Libya? The whole world needs to know rather quickly that no one can kill us and get away with it!
    This is your mind on drugs!