Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Democrats Call For Flags To Be Flown At Half-Mast

Democrats Call For Flags To Be Flown At Half-Mast

WASHINGTON, D.C.—At a press conference held on Capitol Hill Friday, mourning Democrat leaders called for flags to be flown half-mast to honor the death of Qasem Soleimani.
    Flags were spotted flying at half-mast around the country, notably at The Washington Post, The New York Times, and in front of several celebrities' homes.
    The Rest of The Story (I like the part about AOC)
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Ok, I'll say it. This is unpatriotic. Hopefully no one here will defend this. Now I have to read the rest.
    Last edited by CactusCurt; 01-07-2020 at 07:47 AM.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Later, Democrats clarified they meant we should fly the Iranian flag at half-mast, not the "offensive and problematic" American flag.
    Think of the embarrassment to those red-faced celebrities who spent their hard-won Hollywood dollars buying an actual American flag...Why there were probably paparazzi lurking about who captured the event for the NY Post, and some ambitious Trump-voting reporter will dig up the credit card evidence to caption the photo...When told of the obviously Republican plot to discredit the Democrat Party, an outraged AOC was quoted as saying, "Huh?"......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Didn't happen:

This item was not a factual recounting of real-life events. The article originated with a website that describes its output as being humorous or satirical in nature, as follows:

The Babylon Bee is the world’s best satire site, totally inerrant in all its truth claims. We write satire about Christian stuff, political stuff, and everyday life.

Poke here for more about this fake news;
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Didn't happen:

This item was not a factual recounting of real-life events. The article originated with a website that describes its output as being humorous or satirical in nature, as follows:

The Babylon Bee is the world’s best satire site, totally inerrant in all its truth claims. We write satire about Christian stuff, political stuff, and everyday life.
    That's why you found it in the Political Jokes and Satire section................ because I thought some if it was really funny, although untrue.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That's why you found it in the Political Jokes and Satire section................ because I thought some if it was really funny, although untrue.
    After making my post I suspected that was the intent----but I can see more than a few grabbing that like a dog on a new bone
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

----but I can see more than a few grabbing that like a dog on a new bone
    And you would be right! Apparently it has gone "viral" (damn I hate that term) across the 'net.

After making my post I suspected that was the intent----
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

If we kill them all can we raise it back up to Full-Mast....

In case you were worried about me, thesewere because I had to spend the rest of the morning LMAO. I wondered where the Onion people went.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Wow - this thread had me wondering what the heck was happening. Maybe I should pay more attention to the section title (e.g., Political Jokes and Satire).

Thanks, Dave/Mike - for clearing things up.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Isn't the term "Half Staff" when on flag pole is on land?

I believe "Half Mast" is when the flag is lowered on a ship. Could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Isn't the term "Half Staff" when on flag pole is on land?

I believe "Half Mast" is when the flag is lowered on a ship. Could be wrong.
    Stickler for detail, huh?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Obviously, failed Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton couldn't stand the thought of not being included in this discussion...
    After Trump quickly sent Marines to defend Americans trapped at the embassy, Clinton immediately blasted him for taking such "rash, uncalled-for" action when he could have just "waited around a while to see what happens."
    ...Ben

Sucking on the disinformation lemon are we

Clinton remains a focus----for what reason?

The really sad part, the above story will show up in more than one misplaced, mislead but firmly aligned sources---just give em a few days---they might be a little slow on the uptake but like a bee drawn to the lights of Babylon, they will be along momentarily
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 01-09-2020 at 11:26 AM.