Thread: Intense blaze in high-rise kills 5

Intense blaze in high-rise kills 5

"By the time firefighters arrived, the fire had a pretty good start on us.” Fruetel said. It had been burning for awhile.
    Along with attacking the blaze, firefighters had to search all the floors above where the fire started.
    "I think the first responders did a good job, Warsame said. They got everybody down, and it could have been a lot worse."

http://www.startribune.com/minneapol...ent/565521452/

What is not being covered well in the media are the amazing charitable results being seen in Minneapolis. They're literally getting twice the donations of goods they need and are having to turn helpers away.

For me, it's all a sign of how well our people react when a tragedy of this size hits. After feeling somewhat traumatized, by the over-commercialization of Christmas, I was refreshed to see how well the principles underlying Christmas impacted the real world.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

It's good to see people come together when needed......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Figures, older low income housing. no mandate or funding to retrofit the building with a sprinkler system. The residents are mostly seniors. Amazing job by the Fire Dept in knocking it down quickly and minimizing the loss of life.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Our fire fighters like the police are to be respected for what they do and hope everyone looks up to them.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Yes it's indeed tragic that we cannot provide state-of-the-art completely safe living quarters for our new immigrants. Maybe we can work towards that goal.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.