Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Give it up or ?.

Give it up or ?.

Yes Virginia we have a problem. I question the massed [ questionable ] consciousness of the local populous re the following.

With total control of the State Govt. Virginias Governor has stated that they are about to pass what most reasonable people would consider draconian gun laws. There have been several Counties that have declared themselves 2nd Amendment sanctuaries and thus will not enforce those laws passed which would impinge on Constitutional Rights. Additionally, a Sheriff or two have stated that they will not only not enforce the laws but will swear in as deputies any gun owners who would be affected by such laws.

The Governor has indicated that if it is deemed necessary, he will call out the NATIONAL GUARD to enforce gun confiscation .

Is there any sane person that thinks such an action will not result in someone being shot ?.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ce-gun-control
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

The sanctuary county movement seems to be making a difference. The incoming governor and others have now backed down (at least for now) from gun confiscation. We will see how all of that works out. If it doesn't, yes, there will be loss of life. But, remember, law enforcement and the military are sworn to uphold the Constitution. We will also see how that works out.

The Supreme Court needs to get off their butts and make a definitive ruling about the 2nd. Otherwise, I can see a [s]civil war[/s]* revolution in the future.

And NO! Never give it up!

*Hmm, strike through code no longer works!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

That article reads like a lot of BS---whining about something that hasn't happened.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    That article reads like a lot of BS---whining about something that hasn't happened.
    That maybe how it sounds, Dave, but I've read the same, or similar, information about the plans of the incoming democrats in a lot of places and non of them were brietbart, which I do not read.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Bloomberg has got his paws all over this Virginia deal. And Dave for the record this is not BS. Please do a little research before coming on here and condemning the credibility of someone's post. There are stories even in your "rags" of choice. Go read them.
    Last edited by Honda; 12-12-2019 at 07:59 PM.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    The Governor has indicated that if it is deemed necessary, he will call out the NATIONAL GUARD to enforce gun confiscation...
    The Governor is an idiot* who just may start a civil war (like there is such a thing as a "civil" war).

* Sorry about demeaning a politician, my friends. But, this guy should not be governor of the 7-11 on the corner.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Many , mostly conservative , news sites are remarking on the proposed laws.

in the response areas, all of the keyboard commandos are calling for armed insurrection , as usual .

But you must remember, this is the same Gov. who wants post birth abortions. ie. make the baby comfortable while the mother decides whether or not to let it die.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    But, this guy should not be governor of the 7-11 on the corner.

Hunter
    Agreed...He's grandstanding at the expense of the people he was elected to serve...That's also 2T's state...I'm anxious to hear whether she will support such a law, and be willing to turn in all her own guns......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Wowzers.. I’m in the middle of it and didn’t know it!!

Note.. I’m 16 miles west of the White House.. one mile east of NRA museum..

The Second Amendment Sanctuary movement is in full swing around us..

Have heard nothing about confiscation..

Aware of four goals by new Majority..

1.. one handgun purchase a week , we are a source for illegal handguns in the cities of the Northeast.. there was a one handgun a week law that was repealed by the current (GOP) majority.

2. Background checks for all ownership transfers.

3. Limit magazine size.

4. Red flag law.. is that the right term? If a person is having issues the court/sheriff can hold the household firearms until the issues are resolved.

I’ll do some local research and see what I can find out..

Background.. two years ago the State House of Delegates was tied and the last deciding seat was decided by pulling a name out of the hat

On edit: After the name drawn out of the hat.. the GOP acted like they had won a landslide..

And.. after the “mass shooting “ in Virginia Beach the governor called a special session of the General Assembly to work on gun issues.. the GOP majority “tabled” all proposed legislation and went home..

Thank you for bringing reality to this.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Been doing some research.. there is a lot of “fake news” (only this fake news is not from the mainstream media, this is from the far right media)..

The Virginia State Senate I a major player.. Saslaw is the Democratic leader and Petersen (my guy) is a key Committee chair.. these two and the senate as a whole are .. old school, dignified, slow moving, legal headed.. any changes will be slower, more middle of the road..

The governor can not be re-elected in Virginia.. he had been given a hard time by GOP (tabling and adjourning his special session after Virginia Beach) .. governor is just “playing” with GOP (and they have taken the bait..

Also.. recently elected democratic majority campaigned on sensible gun controls.. a few even mentioned not being NRA pawns, and they were elected a majority..

Governor is an Army Reserve Surgeon, lots of Iraq and Afghanistan time..

I think there is far more fake news from the far right sources than all the main street sources together.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    The governor can not be re-elected in Virginia..
    From what Joe said, the obviously leftist governor may be doing nothing more than testing the waters for some future agenda in another political arena, since he knows re-election is not an issue...But stirring the pot thusly still costs his constituency in the loss of productive time......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I think there is far more fake news from the far right sources than all the main street sources together.
    No, you don't believe that, I am shocked.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    From what Joe said, the obviously leftist governor may be doing nothing more than testing the waters for some future agenda in another political arena, since he knows re-election is not an issue...But stirring the pot thusly still costs his constituency in the loss of productive time......Ben
    I'm not sure this governor has a political future--he came very close to being forced out of office after a "black face" incident came to light.