Thread: 300 Saudi Students

300 Saudi Students

We have somewhere around 300 Saudi students in the U.S. learning the most efficient ways to kill us. Why is that? Did we learn nothing from 9-11?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    We have somewhere around 300 Saudi students in the U.S. learning the most efficient ways to kill us. Why is that? Did we learn nothing from 9-11?
    They should all be held out and heavily vetted. I am sure the shooter is not the only extremist among this crowd. I have no problem assisting allies with training but from this point forward they must pass a vigorous background check and consent to allowing the military as a condition to admission to monitor their web and phone usage while being trained. They should be prohibited from possessing weapons of any kind on or off base.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    They should be prohibited from possessing weapons of any kind on or off base.
    He bought the gun in a lawful manner...
    In this case, Alshamrani was issued a Florida hunting license by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), the FBI field office in Jacksonville said Tuesday. Possessing a hunting license is one of a handful of ways non-immigrants can obtain a gun.
    The article fails to note that the Saudi buyer also had to furnish additional documents to prove he was eligible for the buy, but since the gun dealer was cleared, it can be assumed he did all that...Without a CHL he also had to pass the NICS background check...I had to jump through those same hoops to transfer guns to many foreign nationals, some permanent residents and some on visitor visas......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    He bought the gun in a lawful manner...The article fails to note that the Saudi buyer also had to furnish additional documents to prove he was eligible for the buy, but since the gun dealer was cleared, it can be assumed he did all that...Without a CHL he also had to pass the NICS background check...I had to jump through those same hoops to transfer guns to many foreign nationals, some permanent residents and some on visitor visas......Ben
    Yes I know he bought it legally. That is a problem. As a condition of their "free" training they should agree not to possess or purchase any kind of firearm. They are non resident students, they have no 2nd amendment rights. And, this loophole allowing foreign nationals to purchase firearms should be closed asap.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    They are non resident students, they have no 2nd amendment rights.
    I don't think they should either, but under present laws, they do......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Non-citizens of any ilk should not be allowed to own or possess weapons. Period.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

We should train the trainer and then let the rest occur on their soil.

Or send them to NJ... nut cases everywhere..

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    We should train the trainer and then let the rest occur on their soil....
    I thought of that, but then I realized we are still training them in the most efficient ways to kill us. Screw it, let them train themselves.

If we don't train them they can't buy billions of dollars worth of jets and therefore the military industrial complex in the United States will not be happy about that. I don't really know where I stand on all that but it is quite complicated

You're right. It's complicated.

But, does it make sense to sell advanced arms to the same folks who are likely to use them against us?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You're right. It's complicated.

But, does it make sense to sell advanced arms to the same folks who are likely to use them against us?
    Foreign Nationals should not be able to possess or buy weapons in the United States of America. Illegal immigrants should not be able to possess or buy weapons in the United States of America. Only qualified American citizens should be able to buy and possess weapons in the United States of America.

And another...
    “THIS IS NOT A DRILL,” the message read. “Shelter in place. Base on lockdown.”
    Where does it end?......Ben

21 Saudi nationals have now been expelled from the US as a result of this investigation...
    The servicemen are not accused of aiding the 21-year old Saudi Air Force lieutenant.

But US Attorney General William Barr said the cadets were found to have had jihadist material and indecent images of children in their possession.
    Good riddance......Ben