Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a difference 21 years can make...

What a difference 21 years can make...

I've been posting new photos to one of my blogs today...This one concerns the construction of Shooter's Station...The guy pictured here is nearly unrecognizable today, but back then he was almost presentable as a human being...At least the two little guys with him turned out OK...Nephew #1 in the middle owns his own remodeling business, and makes his home with his wife and two kids...Nephew #2 on the left holds down a full time job and takes a full load of college classes in his spare time...He also builds custom furniture for fun and profit...

Their uncle manages to hold body and soul together with his gun dealer's retirement plan......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Looks like a good ole tall strapping Texas boy right there Ben.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Looks like a good ole tall strapping Texas boy right there Ben.
    His hair is a different color now, but he still carries the same Gold Cup under his vest......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Nice phone......

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Nice phone......
    Yeah, it even had a little answering machine built inside of it......Ben

Shucks---that ain't nuttin---30 years ago I was racing bicycles.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Paahh, 30years ago, I was still defending the U S from all enemy's foreign and domestic . Un fortunately, we seamed to have missed a few in Congress and the Senate.

Sorry.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    Paahh, 30years ago, I was still defending the U S from all enemy's foreign and domestic . Un fortunately, we seamed to have missed a few in Congress and the Senate.

Sorry.
    Thank you---I'm sure you did your best

They had you outnumbered
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Wowzers.. looking sharp,! Glad to hear of nephew’s successes

30 years ago.. had just had myself promoted out of a job, probably hadn’t realized it yet.. still had the original “hair color” entry on my driver’s license, and didn’t know that they would change it at a future renewal.. thought that I would have my job for another 20-25 years, retired 10 years later.. didn’t think that Apple stock was a good long term investment..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I guess 2 out of 3 of the posers in that pic is a pretty good average, Joe......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

30 years ago.. had just had myself promoted out of a job, probably hadn’t realized it yet.. still had the original “hair color” entry on my driver’s license, and didn’t know that they would change it at a future renewal.. thought that I would have my job for another 20-25 years, retired 10 years later.. didn’t think that Apple stock was a good long term investment..
    That makes me recall an "event" some years ago: I went to renew my CCL and the clerk was filing out the form---asking my input, eyes---blue, hair---brown. With that the clerk looked up at me--actually my hair---and said: "so----ya wanna stick with brown hey?"

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Better turn grey than turn loose... I’m happy with a “G”.. better than an “N/A”..

On edit: should be “W” now..

Bald is best......

yeah bald is what I put now days.

me 20 years ago Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TeamDiscussiona.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	37186
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I have been searching for my lost hair for about 20 years now. Have yet to find it.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .