Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a difference 21 years can make...

Going back even further, all the way to 1968, a now grizzled and decrepit Truckman looked somewhat zombified then after returning from a 20 day leave which included watching the Gran Prix of Monaco...The character in the background is my barracks roomie, Doug Kaczmarek, who stayed behind to make sure my stereo in the corner didn't gather dust while I was gone...The tapestry on the wall, brought back from Wheelus AB in Libya, is still in my possession, although the colors aren't that bright anymore...I had just returned to base, verified that no warrants for my arrest had been issued in my absence, and had not yet shaved off the chin spinach before reporting back to work the next day......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

1976 working for the City of Santa Monica and dating the Police Captains daughter.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eric1978_zps542bfc4d_edit_1506209372300_zpsvvocmpuu~2[524].jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	37198
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I was stealing when I should have been buying
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I was stealing when I should have been buying
    That might explain why all of your early photos are face front and left profile......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

The Alps were a truly magnificent sight......Ben

In 1968 while you were apparently getting your best Salvador Dali on I Was preparing myself to exhaust the power of my eyes which were constantly feasted on the most beautiful girl in the 8th grade who was the monitor over us younger kids.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    In 1968 while you were apparently getting your best Salvador Dali on I Was preparing myself to exhaust the power of my eyes which were constantly feasted on the most beautiful girl in the 8th grade who was the monitor over us younger kids.
    Salvador Dali was a poofter poser who grew his ridiculous adornment for shock value, and because he was getting a promotional fee from the Percy Nobleman Mustache Wax Co...The real men of the 49th TFW grew our 'staches in support of Col. Robin Olds whose favorite pastime when he wasn't shooting MiG's out of the air in his F-4 Phantom, was pissing off generals who told him he couldn't have a little fun while doing his job...The facial arrangement seen in my photo above is the second one I grew at Spangdahlem, the first being a wispy looking thing that I shaved off after two weeks...The following year, 1967, I grew the one pictured...It is now 52 years old although it is no longer dark nor waxed, and has collected some accompanying chin foliage as displayed in the pic below snapped by a passing paparazzi named Ricky at a rat gathering at Rudy's BBQ in 2011...

As for the 8th grader you were drooling over at the time, I set my sights a little higher in my formative years...Being an admirer of older women, I found myself entranced by my high school junior year English teacher who, at her ripe old age of 23, spurred my interest in literature and writing...Alas, her encouragement ended at the classroom door as she always went home to grade her papers before cooking dinner for her husband......Ben

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_48701.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	37203

Her husband was named Ben also! That is a weird happenstance .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    Her husband was named Ben also! That is a weird happenstance .
    Very funny......Ben

Oak Ridge North Texas, A Native Texan, The Few The Proud
    You're still wearing that same vest Ben, for good reason. I for one have thinned out a little since that day back in 2011 at Rudy's. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1184.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	37204
    My small tribute to Marc.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW! What a ride!"

Love ya Man!

Quote Originally Posted by ricky View Post
    You're still wearing that same vest Ben, for good reason. I for one have thinned out a little since that day back in 2011 at Rudy's.
    That good reason being: If you find something stylish, why change if it still fits?...You on the other hand had to find an entirely new wardrobe, which explains why you're now dumpster diving behind the Men's Wearhouse......Ben

Damn, Ricky! You've done good!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke