Thread: Pensacola Shooting Suspect Identified as Saudi Training at Air Base

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pensacola Shooting Suspect Identified as Saudi Training at Air Base

Taken from the WSJ:

By Talal Ansari and
    Nancy A. Youssef
    Updated Dec. 6, 2019 3:27 pm ET

A member of the Saudi Air Force training at a U.S. Navy base in Florida is suspected of killing at least three people and injuring eight, in a shooting that is being investigated as potential terrorism, authorities said.

The shooter, who used a handgun, also died during the incident at Naval Air Station Pensacola early Friday, Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said at a news conference. Officials said they aren’t looking for any other assailants.

“I believe we can safely call this an act of terror, not an act of workplace violence,” Rep. Matt Gaetz (R., Fla.), whose district includes Pensacola, said in a local TV interview. He said the Federal Bureau of Investigation is taking over the investigation.

At a White House event, President Trump called the shooting “a horrible thing” and said “we’re getting to the bottom of it.” Mr. Trump said on Twitter that King Salman of Saudi Arabia “called to express his sincere condolences” and to say the Saudi people are “greatly angered by the barbaric actions” of the shooter.

Two deputies who responded to a 6:51 a.m. emergency call were shot, one in the arm and one in the leg, during an exchange of gunfire with the shooter. They are being treated for their injuries and are expected to recover.

Escambia County Deputy Sheriff Chip Simmons said the department’s deputies “neutralized the threat in short order” upon arrival.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

As facts begin to develop it seems that a number of his Saudi Brothers were collected to film the incident. As much as I would like to think otherwise I think these are probably radicalized Saudis.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    As facts begin to develop it seems that a number of his Saudi Brothers were collected to film the incident. As much as I would like to think otherwise I think these are probably radicalized Saudis.
    ..and exactly were did those facts come from?

I didn't mention this yesterday because I didn't have the answers at that point. We have family stationed at Pensacola. I learned shortly that they are both OK. He was off flying and his wife was at home.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Warning.. following link is from a known “ biased news” source.. different and more serious bias than Fox vs. NYT. Shields up!,

https://on.rt.com/a6pj

But.. these biased sources don’t usually blatantly lie.. usually, basic facts are correct, they just spin things more than out media.

Al Jazeera often has leads or information not mentioned in US news, offering points to investigate.. Al Jazeera had nothing more on Pensacola than US news.. But, Al Jazeera is an excellent source for news about the war going on in Central Africa Republic, we’ll excellent compared to almost nothing from US news..
    Last edited by Sandman; 12-07-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Warning.. following link is from a known “ biased news” source.. different and more serious bias than Fox vs. NYT. Shields up!,

https://on.rt.com/a6pj

But.. these biased sources don’t usually blatantly lie.. usually, basic facts are correct, they just spin things more than out media.

Al Jazeera often has leads or information not mentioned in US news, offering points to investigate.. Al Jazeera had nothing more on Pensacola than US news.. But, Al Jazeera is an excellent source for news about the war going on in Central Africa Republic, we’ll excellent compared to almost nothing from US news..
    From the NYT:

But other Saudis on base were questioned.

Six other Saudi nationals were detained for questioning near the scene of the shooting, which took place over two floors in a classroom on the base. Three of the Saudis who were detained had been seen filming the entire incident, according to a person with knowledge of the investigation.

It was not known whether the six Saudis detained were students in the classroom building, and there was no immediate indication that those filming the incident were connected to the gunman, the person said.

Fair warning to the Department of Defense better start screening these guys better before you put them in one of our Jets and set them up in a classroom next to our soldiers
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ..and exactly were did those facts come from?

I didn't mention this yesterday because I didn't have the answers at that point. We have family stationed at Pensacola. I learned shortly that they are both OK. He was off flying and his wife was at home.
    Look it up yourself it's in your favorite paper