Thread: 79 year old stewardess making $250K fired for stealing milk...

79 year old stewardess making $250K fired for stealing milk...

This one boggles my mind on many levels...
    Ms Gomez Llanos is alleging wrongful termination based on age, gender, and other, more hard to prove factors such as jealousy and cost-cutting. According to PR Newswire, Ms Gomes Llanos has complained of being harassed and discriminated against for years, but airline management did nothing.
    For that kind of bread after being on the company payroll for 59 years, I think I could buy my own milk......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I'm having a little trouble with her whine

She obviously knew she was a target, she should have cleaned up her act.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Anybody that could do that God forsaken job for 60 years should be able to cram all the cookies and milk they can cram in their travel bag. And what is astonishing at the ripe old age of 79 she is 5th in seniority among all Delta flight attendants..............Holy mother of "please fasten your seat belts" can someone that old do that job............
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

There is a case to be made for mandatory retirement, but I do know of at least one instance in which it harmed both the company and the employee......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...