Thread: house republicans

house republicans

On Thursday, October 12, House Republicans passed the Dr. Chris Kirkpatrick Whistleblower Protection Act, which provides additional protections to federal employees who are retaliated against for disclosing waste, fraud, and abuse in the federal government. Specifically, the legislation increases protections for federal employees, increases awareness of federal whistleblower protections, and increases accountability for supervisors who retaliate against whistleblowers.

This legislation is about protecting men and women like Dr. Chris Kirkpatrick, whose lives have been destroyed for doing what was right. The disciplinary measures called for in this bill will protect whistleblowers from retaliation in the federal workplace. We must ensure that federal agencies maintain the highest possible standard, especially agencies like the VA, where decisions concerning life and death are being made on a daily basis.
    https://www.gop.gov/why-house-republ...histleblowers/

what a difference a few years makes

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

There's a bunch of information out there about the Democrats and the positions they took during Clinton's impeachment which are quite inconsistent with the position they are taking now. Frankly I'm too lazy to find it. I can't believe you're actually surprised that politicians change their mind depending on what's going on. Maybe it only troubles you when Republicans do it.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    While watching the hearings (could only watch in small segments because the antics/conduct of our elected officials disturbed me) .. anyway, while watching the hearings, several congress members repeatedly asked (demanded?) that the “whistle blower” testify publicly.. while the definition of “whistle blower” is remaining anonymous ?

Our political process has degraded into school yard antics..

On edit.. IMHO.. part of the “style” used by “talk radio” and “Fox shows” use the “big kids are picking on us” style.. (note: Dems [insert most “groups” here] are not well enough organized to do most that they are accused of)
    Example: I worked in a union shop.. 36 month contracts.. everything would go fine, big happy family, for 35 months.. and then on the 35 month, the company became the devil incarnate, just the most terrible,plotting bunch of scum puppies ever.. then a new contract was signed and we all played softball together again..
    Last edited by Sandman; 12-06-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Our political process has degraded into school yard antics..
    We should all be embarrassed by that fact

That, however will not fix it---we have to do that.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post

That, however will not fix it---we have to do that.
    Right vote early and often......err. Just vote for BO.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Trump will fix it and fix it right, just look how the economy is doing now. 3.5 unemployment, there's that many out there just to lazy to work.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.