Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tis the season to be jolly

Quote Originally Posted by wacojoe View Post
    The coming self-driving cars will be a revelation in that environment. Lay back, read, post here & enjoy...
    That might not be a salvation

Shortly after buying the first Explorer I got stuck in the Lincoln Tunnel. I turned off the engine and unknowingly fell off to sleep. I awoke to the sounds of cars whizzing past me in the right lane. There was also a complete lack of vehicles in front of me. I tried to start the car in a rush---and in my newness I got the "particulars" wrong. Eventually I got the sequence correct and went flying on my way.

The most unusual part---no one blew their horn

...and IV--my tolls are reimbursable.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    That might not be a salvation

The most unusual part---no one blew their horn

...and IV--my tolls are reimbursable.
    I have friends that also never get honked at.. they are the same friends who run their tv at max volume...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I have friends that also never get honked at.. they are the same friends who run their tv at max volume...
    OH
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis