Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanksgiving menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You missed a bag of precious metals. Apparently there was another one started that I didn't know about.

Thank you for coming to our little get together.
    Thanks for including me, Mike...I don't how I missed the bag of precious metals, but perhaps the young lady can see to it that your ever-alert squad of vicious guard dogs doesn't let anything happen to it until I get back there to collect it...I'm sure I was probably too enamored of her attention to remember to ask about it...

When I got home (and after checking my blood sugar) I picked up my collection bag and went for a 1.5 mile walk...I picked up some fresh treasure, and got my glucometer reading down a few points before bedtime...I was also glad you provided ample parking for real trucks......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

We went to our middle son's for dinner. His girl friend of 20 or more years came in from Chicago and we always enjoy seeing her.

The dinner was both traditional and excellent, including two types of bread dressing.

Desert was tremendous, a pumpkin soufflé with homemade vanilla ice cream.

We stopped going to the kids about 5 years ago---fighting the traffic both ways to MD rendered the entire experience a trial.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Actually changed our plans. Not in the mood to drive 5 hours in crappy weather so we moved our trip to after the Rodeo leaves town in a few weeks.
    Looks like you made a good call Flagstaff got hammered
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

We don't go through Flag. It was the closed stretch of I 40 near Kingman that would have been problematic.