Thread: Scanner...

Scanner...

I now have mountains of old photographs dating from 20 to 130 years old which I need to digitize and preserve on my websites...I had been using the one on an older HP printer, but it conked out so now I'm in the market for a new one...I don't need a printer, but just a scanner and I'm hoping to get recommendations on a high quality, high resolution photo and document scanner that won't break the bank of an economically disadvantaged retired gun dealer...Either flatbed or sheetfeed works for me...

I'm open to suggestion......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Canon is running a deal on a bunch of their stuff at really good prices right now in fact I bought a printer scanner from them today you might want to go over there and check it out
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Black Friday should have a whole lot of scanners on sale. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend any of them to you. My experience with scanners is high end commercial stuff we used at work. Expensive.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Thanks guys, I forgot about that Friday sale thingy...I'll look at that......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Cyber Monday could be a better option. Shop at home avoid the madding crowd .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

I've got it narrowed down to the Epson Perfection V39...I think it will serve my purpose...If I don't find anything better between now and tonight, I'll pull the trigger......Ben

It's on its way from Amazon...Best Buy shows to have it in stock locally, but I'd have to get caught up in the madding crowd there, so the internet choice was obvious...I'll report on it when it arrives......Ben

The video certainly looks good......
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The video certainly looks good......
    Yeah I'm known for making poor choices, but maybe my judgement has improved lately......Ben

Should have got yourself some speakers while you were at it.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    Should have got yourself some speakers while you were at it.
    The speakers aren't the problem...The speakers are in the monitor...I tried a different monitor with different cabling...Then I used my stereo speakers through an old Kenwood receiver as well as my Onkyo amp and pre-amp...Nothing...I'm guessing the problem is inside the CPU, but I'm lost there...The plan is to unhook the CPU and take it to someone to be checked......Ben

Update: I bought the Epson Perfection V39 from Amazon...I installed it today, and I'm currently scanning some more pics from the construction of Shooter's Station in 1998 for my photo blog...It works well so far, all I had to do was figure out how to bypass Windows Defender, and then choose the folder I wanted to store the pics...For the price I don't see anyway to beat it......Ben