Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 days of hell are over

3 days of hell are over

Well the hell that is an EMT Recert is done for the next two years. I got an 87% on the 144 question written exam (80% is passing). On the Palliative testing (13 stations) I passed 12 of the 13 on the first try . Had a procedural error on the one I missed. You have to follow the NREMT script in perfect order and I flipped the order of checking two items. Aced it on the retest after face palming myself, 24 hours of CEs in 3 days

I have gone though 8-9 recerts now and the one was by far the most challenging and rigorous. I am mentally exhausted.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I feel I'll be in safe hands if I need emergency services in Livermore...Anywhere else - ehh...Congrats, Eric, and thanks for what you do......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quitcher whining! My 70+ yearfold firefighter mother got her EMT ticket at that advanced age!

Here is a plaque I had made for her.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160512_184911716.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	37165

BTW, CONGRATULATIONS!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Quitcher whining! My 70+ yearfold firefighter mother got her EMT ticket at that advanced age!

Here is a plaque I had made for her.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160512_184911716.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	37165

BTW, CONGRATULATIONS!
    Congratulations to her. But seriously this class was a real stretch for all of us. It was mostly done at the parmedic level regarding drug interactions and disease treatment pharmacology. Not anything any of us were previously trained on. Lots of high level learning in three days.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I like seeing our First Responders gaining training and certs. It benefits all of us.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I'm sure things have changed a lot since then and you have much more to contend with than she did. I just had to jerk your chain a bit.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

All I have to do is 12 hours CLE a year which is a walk in the park compared to what trip G had to do.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    On behalf of the people that you shall save..

Thanks..

What Sandman said!
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Ok last recert class is complete. Did a 3 hour BLS CPR class yesterday, complete piece of cake. Now to pay my fees online and mail in copies of my completion of Continuing Education hours and Certificate of passing my Palliative Skills test to get my new Two Year EMT Lic.

Cool my son is right now doing all that through the Air Force, this is his second time doing them, he was going to do city/state type fire fighting as a career but joined the guard when the opportunity came up there. This being his second experience with all the tests should put him at the top of the class, he's is knocking it out for sure, I'm awfully proud of him.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Congratulations Eric!

People who are willing to get the training and provide a service to the rest of us shouldn't have to pay any fees.

Same for your son, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Congratulations Eric!

People who are willing to get the training and provide a service to the rest of us shouldn't have to pay any fees.

Same for your son, Mike.
    yeah well $102 to the county, $350 to the folks that provide the EMT refresher course, and $90 to the American Heart Association for the CPR cert class and mandatory text book that no one looks at.

That's BS! It should be no cost.

That's what it is when you work in the private sector. When I was with the fire department it was free.