Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Explorer

2020 Explorer

It is time to replace my 2016 Explorer--which will go to my wife and her 2012 will go to one of the kids. The 2016 is just short of 100k miles and the 2012 is about 142k. Both are Limited models.

The net price less any sales tax:

2012, $39,783.53
    2016, $45,767.48

The only record I have of those prices is the checks, I don't know what the MSRP was.

The new one is a Sport---necessary to get the biggest engine. That comes with a trailer hitch which the others did not have.
    The current pair have a split rear seat (seats 3), the 2020 has bucket seats which is a deduct of $495.

...and the MSRP is.......$55,450. I don't yet have the net selling price since I just sent it off this morning to me son---for the "family" discount.

Just for giggles, I priced out a similarly equipped MB GLC 350e 4 Matic, the MSRP shown below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	36 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	37164  

Last edited by Dave Grubb; 11-23-2019 at 10:30 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I assume Ford will discount more than MB, but damn that MB is one helluva more car than that Ford and not an arm and a leg more.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Just ordered a new 2020 Ford Explorer.

The 2020 is virtually identical to what I am driving (Limited) and the price is virtually the same as the 2016 I am currently driving.

The price is based on invoice, less 3% hold back. It will be about 6-8 weeks to build and deliver.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 12-12-2019 at 10:57 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Few things in life are more satisfying than driving away in a brand new ride, Dave...Enjoy......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Thanks Ben

The 2016 lasted longer than it's recent predecessors because it didn't move for 4 months after my fall!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    The 2016 lasted longer than it's recent predecessors because it didn't move for 4 months after my fall!
    Some people will go to any lengths just for bragging rights......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Some people will go to any lengths just for bragging rights......Ben
    Even if it costs and arm and a leg

Wow 55k for an explorer. My have times changed.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I'm one of those waiting to see the new Bronco. BUT, I know a guy named Lemon Boy who swears by his Explorer. Good rigs.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

This will be my fourth, beginning with the first year of this style. I am well satisfied with all of them. The first one was ordered in August and didn't arrive until the next spring---there was an entire series of snafus associated with the release, caused mostly by the electronics.

I would not want to make my weekly drive without the litany of safety features these vehicles have to aid drivers.

I have become so "integrated" into those features, that when changing lanes I look first for the presence or absence of the warning light in my mirror---then I look at the image in the mirror.

My Father just bought one. I was not comfortable driving it. Might have been my height but also the steering felt off. Probably just takes some seat time to get use to it.

DPS uses them exclusively around here so they must be good dependable vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    DPS uses them exclusively around here so they must be good dependable vehicles.
    Their police package is very popular locally...My own little municipality's PD just took delivery on one which I see often on patrol...They like it......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Their police package is very popular locally...My own little municipality's PD just took delivery on one which I see often on patrol...They like it......Ben
    Ben you check out the back seat????
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Ben you check out the back seat????
    I have not been invited to examine those accommodations yet, Fred, but there is a decrepit elderly bum who has been reported dragging a sack of empty cans behind him in the city who may yet find himself in a position to report on it......Ben

Update:

The latest projection is late Feb, early March It doesn't even have a VIN as yet

I'm thinking it could be the color---"Silver Spruce". Unless there has been recent changes the auto industry is not into fast color changes and so they batch orders based on color.