Thread: This has promise...

This has promise...

Ducted fuel injection could be cost saving on many diesel applications...
    “This gives us a path to much lower emissions for diesel engines, solving a long-standing problem for this highly efficient technology,” he says.
    ...Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Very interesting
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Yes - definitely innovative and promising. And, it looks like retrofitting our existing diesels can be done without high costs.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Damn!...There really is an echo in here!......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

very cool. and Sandia Lab is about 5 miles from my house.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    very cool. and Sandia Lab is about 5 miles from my house.
    That is not the original or main facility.

From Wikapedia:

Their primary mission is to develop, engineer, and test the non-nuclear components of nuclear weapons. The primary campus is located on Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque, New Mexico and the other is in Livermore, California, next to Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. There is also a test facility in Waimea, Kauai, Hawaii.[7]
    They have developed many notable contributions over the years---it is a skunk works with nice digs

They are a division of Honeywell International--a company I have an affinity for.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis