Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Springfield Armory Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    This sight advertises itself as being parallax free.
    God didn't make eyeballs parallax free, and against that manufacturer's track record it's hard to be competitive..."Parallax Free" isn’t...
    To be sure, the words “parallax free” have been penned in many a red dot sight (RDS) manual and repeated by just as many product representatives across the board.
    In my experience, parallax is necessary for accurate judgement of distance, especially moving objects...Minimizing it in the narrow field of view represented by a gunsight is a worthwhile goal...But getting rid of it altogether under all conditions ain't happening......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Good article, Ben. Thanks.

Now, I just have to try to absorb it all.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Ben's post got me started on youtube looking for more info about red dot sights.

I like This Instruction Video
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke