Thread: What We Have Become

What We Have Become

I stole this from another site. I think it has been posted here in the past, but I'm to lazy to search.

8:00 am: I made a snowman.

8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.

8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.

8:17 - My feminist neighbor complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere.

8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snow men instead.

8:22 - The transgender man..woman...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.

8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.

8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.

8:31 - The Muslim gent across the road demanded the snow woman wear a burqa.

8:40 - The police arrived saying someone had been offended

8:42 - The feminist neighbor complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.

8:43 - The council equality officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.

8:45 - TV news crew from ABC showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women. I replied "Snowballs" and am now called a sexist.

9:00 - I was on the news as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.

9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.

9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be beheaded.

Moral...There is no moral to this story. It is what we have become.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Sad but true my friend
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I don't get it..."Snowballs" sounds like the correct response to me......Ben

[Edit: Since when is there "another site?"...]
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I don't get it..."Snowballs" sounds like the correct response to me......Ben

[Edit: Since when is there "another site?"...]

Long damn time. They build boats. A few of our members here are/were members there, too.

If you wanna build a boat to haul on the back of the Ram, Start Here.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Thanks, but I've got enough unattended projects already to waste time and money on...Adding one more would just make the others jealous......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

When our youngest was in around 4th grade, we got the call from the (3 room rural schoolhouse for grades k-5) school to come get him because he was suspended for the day. He put boobs on the snowman.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Ah, yes! Chip off the old block!