Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It’s Like It Happened In Slo-Mo

Knowing those results are probably not repeatable by me, I've never tried again.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Having enough room to shoot is cool. I can still probably do 200 yards safely shooting down into a draw, but someone built a house directly in line with my old range that had plates to 400. He's still over 1/2 mile away but I can see his house and it bothers me to shoot in that direction.

I like shooting noisy stuff and I think disks from a plow are the best as far as junkpiles around here go. Make a good solid bench. My buddies is a concrete top on a post so it rotates. Its in the shade so its nice and cool in the summer.

I've never shot a shotgun slug. I hope you find the perfect place.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

My range is in the woods and if I wanted more than 100 yards I would have to cut trees. I am satisfied with that distance. Knowing the ballistics I can site in for longer distances.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    My range is in the woods and if I wanted more than 100 yards I would have to cut trees. I am satisfied with that distance. Knowing the ballistics I can site in for longer distances.
    Hell, my old eyes won't see much beyond that. 100 yards is all I need. Besides, most of my shooting is with handguns. I certainly don't need anything beyond 25 yards for that, and 25 yards would be extreme for me. I have shot handguns way more frequently than rifles and I still don't shoot worth a darn!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Break out the Judge!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Break out the Judge!!!!
    That'll do 'er!