Thread: Pretty Fast

Pretty Fast

And looking to go a bunch faster.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/1000-mp...record-501-mph
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Gone are the days when Mickey Thompson thrilled us Hot Rod Magazine readers by coming that close to a 400 mph+ record with his four-Pontiac-V8 streamliner...I miss those days......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Holy $hit, Batman! That is amazing.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Gone are the days when Mickey Thompson thrilled us Hot Rod Magazine readers by coming that close to a 400 mph+ record with his four-Pontiac-V8 streamliner...I miss those days......Ben
    Yeah, Ben! So do I. I saw some new drag racing record a few days ago and thought I posted it here, but I guess I didn't post.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Look to be no more than a jet that won't fly. I imagine the big challenge with that ride is to keep it down.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Thompson took on every streamliner class there was, sometimes putting different size engines in the same chassis just to qualify for a different class...His choice was always Pontiac, and not always V-8's...He built for one of the smaller classes with a Pontiac "Iron Duke," the little 151 CI four-cylinder...He built for two classes with that same engine, one naturally aspirated, and one supercharged...I remember him also cutting an Iron Duke in half, running on two cylinders with a GMC 2-71 blower...He also made several attempts at Indy, and founded SCORE for off road racing...I understand the murder of his wife and himself was finally solved several years ago......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...