Thread: Glitch in the system...

Glitch in the system...

This may be an easily fixed problem, but needs to be addressed by Mr. Musk and his engineers...
    The issue, which was first brought to light by InsideEVs, appears to not only be preventing the screen from turning on, but also won’t let the car charge. It’s more or less a worse case scenario for someone who owns such a digitally-reliant car.
    It seems to affect Teslas on their fourth birthday, but Musk's response seems cryptic......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

But in all fairness, Tesla's standard equipment burglar ejection seat seems to work well......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

OK---you have to explain this to me
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    OK---you have to explain this to me
    It seems there is something like a flash drive in the Tesla that at some point near the four year mark will not allow itself to be overwritten, essentially shutting down the cat...Mr. Musk will have to explain it further...

In the second instance it seems the would-be burglar thought he was going to drive away with a free car...The car's owner who was napping in the back seat while his Tesla was recharging took exception and ejected the miscreant...If there's any sound with the video, it might explain more......Ben

I see--thank you!

Had I been the one ejecting the miscreant from my car I probably would have put the window down first
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Had I been the one ejecting the miscreant from my car I probably would have put the window down first
    In all fairness to the car's owner, the stench emanating from the would-be carjacker may have expedited his decision......Ben