Thread: Lindsey"s take on Ukraine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lindsey"s take on Ukraine

"What I can tell you about the Trump policy toward Ukraine: It was incoherent, it depends on who you talk to, they seem to be incapable of forming a quid pro quo, so no I find the whole process to be a sham and I'm not going to legitimize it."
    OK, OK. So what we have here is this argument: The Trump White House is so disorganized that they couldn't possibly have quid pro quo'ed it! They are too incompetent! So therefore, this whole thing is a sham!
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/06/polit...nse/index.html

Seems a few here have the same take.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    The caustic news network sure don't like our Pres, so most of us don't like them either.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Interesting tactic---raise the condemnation of the dysfunctional administration while dismissing a crime because of their ineptness. Seems reasonable to me

Just for giggles---this term , quid pro quo, is nothing more than Latin white washing the English terms---extortion or bribery if you choose.

Going back to Graham, that might have been the most truthful Graham has been since he flipped on trump.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post

Just for giggles---this term , quid pro quo, is nothing more than Latin white washing the English terms---extortion or bribery if you choose.
    Im afraid its you with the whitewash. It simply means one thing for another and is the essence of every negotiation. I just had a lefty (lawyer) try that nonsense on me yesterday.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    Im afraid its you with the whitewash. It simply means one thing for another and is the essence of every negotiation. I just had a lefty (lawyer) try that nonsense on me yesterday.
    If you are saying that this exchange was "only" a negotiation I disagree. In this case the bargaining "chip" was $400 million of our money being "offered" to Ukraine in exchange for "services" to be rendered for the benefit of trump, and only trump.

That is hardly a benign negotiation---it is illegal.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I object to you attempting to re define quid pro quo to mean bribery and extortion. This shameless dumbing down of our society (kudos to the left - they seem better at it) is creeping into everyday life. I gave you a current and real example of a lawyer claiming a negotiation I am involved in is "unethical" simply because it included a quid pro quo. Its BS.

After reflecting, I think there may indeed be instances where quid pro quo's are illegal. I have a vague memory of being accused of Bulwark tactics in a union negotiation. Perhaps the left treats foreign wards of the state the same as domestic wards of the state such as unions. That question is for the lawyers.

I'm still waiting for someone to justify our $400 million donation. I stand by my assertion that this is the real offense against our citizens. The only way to stop this is to cut the money. I wish we weren't distracted with petty bullchit like Trump and Biden in a third world cesspool.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.