Thread: It's Official! Outsiders Can Quit Trying To Mess With Texas!

It's Official! Outsiders Can Quit Trying To Mess With Texas!

By outsiders, I mean all of the liberal immigrants from other states that want to make Texas like the states they already ruined. That ruination is the reason they came here, but they just don't learn.

Texans Are So Texan That They Just Banned A California Style Tax In Their Constitution.

There may come a day when Texas turns a shade of purple. When all desires of freedom and independence fail.

But it is not this day.

Last Monday, Texas Governor Greg Abbott held up a form for California’s state income tax in front of a camera and ripped it in half. He did so, encouraging his fellow Texans to vote yes on Proposition 4, which would amend the Texas constitution to ban a state income tax.

According to KSAT-TV, Texans were overwhelmingly in agreement and Prop 4 passed with 75 percent of Texans in favor and a ban on state income tax is now part of the state’s highest legal document.

“Today’s passage of prop 4 is a victory for taxpayers across the Lone Star State,” said Abbott on Tuesday. “I am grateful to Representative Jeff Leach for his bold leadership on this issue, and for the overwhelming majority of Texans who voted to ensure that our great state will always be free of a state income tax. This ban on such a disastrous tax will keep our economy prosperous, protect taxpayers, and ensure that Texas remains the best state to live, work, and raise a family.”

Not everyone was for the amendment. KSAT reported that left-leaning groups weren’t happy about the fact that taxes weren’t going to be raised, especially the Center for Public Policy Priorities, which spent thousands of dollars to defeat Prop 4.

Though we’ve had migrants from Smurf blue states like California and New York moving here by the thousands over the past few years, it would appear that the state just isn’t yet ready to start turning a different shade, or perhaps the best-case scenario is happening, and blue state refugees have learned not to implement economy-killing tax policies like the kind that weigh down their former states.

Either way, it would appear that Texas is still a haven for people who like to keep California in California.
    SOURCE
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

The way to stop more taxation is to stop more spending......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Good for Texas
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Same thing is happening to Az... Every other car these days has a cali plate. Driving home prices up and changing the political environment of the state. If elected I'll build a wall and let Colorado pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    .........If elected I'll build a wall and let Colorado pay for it.
    Excellent idea! An even better idea would be to let California and New Jersey pay for it, too. That way you can get the super deluxe model.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Bless the Lord here in far north we don't feel Ca. In fact a very short drive to Or. to get there gas price.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Think about poor colorado. Completely flanked on the south by Mexico. Mormons to the west.

Actually Colorado has a rich hispanic heritage.:smiley:
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Fair enough but I sure wished you would have kept those "Texans" home when I lived in Colorado. Damn idiots think they own the southern part of the state.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Blue74 View Post
    Fair enough but I sure wished you would have kept those "Texans" home when I lived in Colorado. Damn idiots think they own the southern part of the state.
    Actually, we did. But, that area was ceded to the U.S. to pay for debts upon joining the union. That's how it got started and they've been screwing us ever since!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_of_texas_in_1836.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	37149

I remember littlestroker bitching that nobody in Colorado would wave at him.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    I remember littlestroker bitching that nobody in Colorado would wave at him.
    Probably because he couldn't wave back and push his truck at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Probably because he couldn't wave back and push his truck at the same time.
    The last I heard the little putz was scurrying home every night now so he could give his wife a good listening to......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I've been through Jasper a few times, and I've thought of trying to find his business. But I always have the 41' fifth wheel in tow, so I'm hesitant to get off the beaten path.