Thread: Probably would not expect this from me

Probably would not expect this from me

But Trump has me pissed off. We have the biggest game of the year going down in Tuscaloosa Bama vs. LSU and Trump has invited himself. The game itself is distraction enough now its a mega distraction. I can't imagine what it is going to take to search 100K plus folks getting into the stadium. The road closures from the airport to the stadium and back (Tuscaloosa is not all that big). Said another way his visit is going to be a royal pain in the ass.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Yeah, I've attended events where the president was there too. It can a PITA, but it can also be interesting.

I hope the game goes your way and that you have a good time there.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Many thanks, college football is my thing.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Since LSU will win, I see no need to go to the game. Better view from my recliner.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Why does anyone have to drive to a stadium to see some baseball game?...They televise these things so people can see them without having to leave home...I can think of millions of better ways to waste my time anyway......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    Since LSU will win, I see no need to go to the game. Better view from my recliner.
    ah ha corndog be confident huh.................

Well, think of sports being like Las Vegas - the more people go and participate by spending money, the better it is for us all. When in Las Vegas, especially when at the Bellagio or the Venetian, I take a silent moment to thank all the people before me who spent their money there. My wife and I don't gamble - but we sure do enjoy all the things built by those who do gamble. The tide rises us all.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    The tide rises us all.

Hunter
    Well let's hope the tide rises this weekend as in the Crimson Tide.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    .......Said another way his visit is going to be a royal pain in the ass.
    Just like everywhere else he goes.*

*Not just him, but any high profile politician.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Why does anyone have to drive to a stadium to see some baseball game?...They televise these things so people can see them without having to leave home...I can think of millions of better ways to waste my time anyway......Ben
    I partake the game in a flexsteel recliner with a 65 inch Samsung 4kUHD tv in my face, restroom 6 steps away, mini fridge next to recliner all buried in my man cave.

I partake the game in a flexsteel recliner with a 65 inch Samsung 4kUHD tv in my face, restroom 6 steps away, mini fridge next to recliner all buried in my man cave.
    That's pretty much the same here - no obnoxious drunks to deal with and the beer is a whole lot cheaper.

Almost forgot! No arrogant politicians, either.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

My wife and I don't gamble - but we sure do enjoy all the things built by those who do gamble. The tide rises us all.

Hunter
    Same here. I'll drop a 20 in a video poker table while waiting for a show but thats about it... Gambling bores me.

Precisely my point...Let the bozos who paid the big money to be inconvenienced by the motorcade suffer if they want to......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Well, think of sports being like Las Vegas - the more people go and participate by spending money, the better it is for us all. When in Las Vegas, especially when at the Bellagio or the Venetian, I take a silent moment to thank all the people before me who spent their money there. My wife and I don't gamble - but we sure do enjoy all the things built by those who do gamble. The tide rises us all.

Hunter
    Well I'm one of the ones that have helped build it. I love to play Blackjack. I can sit there for hours on end. Fortunately Vegas is 1800 miles away so I can only help when I'm out there and lucky for my bank account that's infrequently. If I live where you and Peabo lives I would probably have to have a sit down with myself. I don't know if I would ever get tired of indulging myself in Las Vegas it's such a wonderful place greatest entertainment in the country greatest food in the country and just lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Precisely my point...Let the bozos who paid the big money to be inconvenienced by the motorcade suffer if they want to......Ben
    That must be part of the experience Ben. I've never been to a pro or college game and never will, I'm not big on crowds and 80,000 people is a crowd. The last place I lived was a mile from the stadium and you had to watch your yard or there would be cars parked all up in it. Roads blocked off everywhere trash up and down the street, on game day there was never any plans except to avoid going out of the house, tow truck drivers loved it though.
    This is your mind on drugs!