Thread: Why Phillbo Is Safer Jumping Out Of Airplanes Than Riding His Motorcycle

Why Phillbo Is Safer Jumping Out Of Airplanes Than Riding His Motorcycle

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

What a bunch of maroons......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I like the way he loads it into the van at the end of the video.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

And, this is how you load a moto into a van

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Qr6sGrb5k

They have the wrong music for the guy loading the bike. this would be better.

I guess if I was younger I be trying those. LOL
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

My wife jumps. I stay on the ground and watch.

I'm not going to do it. They tried to force me to go Airborne in the Army, and I refused. It ain't gonna happen.

I was an Army tank crewman. What they do if you're Airborne, is they dump the tank out of a plane then dump you. The tough part is living long enough to get inside your tank.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Which DZ does she jump at and where did she do her training? Boulder?
    Last edited by Phillbo; 11-04-2019 at 04:33 PM.

A good question, Bo.

Back in 1985 (like that's so long ago) my wife had about 30 minutes of training at the Cedar City airport. Then, they flew her up to 20K feet and dumped her out. So, she's not officially certified, but she knows enough that groups let her jump with them. Her first jump was with my Harley Owner's Group - and it wrenched her back out of place for a few weeks. The only jump she's done lately is off of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas. They do special jumps for locals. She had a blast. As always, I watched from the ground.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I can't keep Nurse Paula off the Stratosphere when we go to Vegas. I did it once and it bored me. Not worth the cost to me but she has to do it at least twice each time we go.

Her back injury was probably due to pour body positioning at deployment. I've gotten lazy a few times and caused a few painful openings.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Her back injury was probably due to pour body positioning at deployment.
    Yep, that's what is was. And, it didn't help that we rode to the airstrip and back on the old Harley, which had poor suspension.

Hunter

It could be worse. I once got a cajone stuck under my legs strap during deployment and could not free it. Had to sit on that one until I landed. I was hard on the front riser to get down ASAP... And made the softest landing I ever had. I was done for the day after that and stopped wearing boxers on jump day

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    It could be worse. I once got a cajone stuck under my legs strap during deployment and could not free it. Had to sit on that one until I landed. I was hard on the front riser to get down ASAP... And made the softest landing I ever had. I was done for the day after that and stopped wearing boxers on jump day
    When I stood up to go out the door I finally got it untucked. First jump I wasn't about to start hollering about my gonads.
    This is your mind on drugs!