Thread: Far Too Stupid to be a Teacher

Far Too Stupid to be a Teacher

A grade school teacher in southern England was fired after she reportedly told her Jewish students she would “ship them off to the gas chambers” if they did not finish their homework.
    SOURCE
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Was a struggle to get our kids to do there home work so kinda understand.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Rightwing View Post
    Was a struggle to get our kids to do there home work so kinda understand.
    I doubt your teachers threaten the students with sending them to Sand Creek or Wounded Knee.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

That is stupid........I did have a teacher tell me one time to "shut up and do your work if not I am taking you to the office for an ass whooping". I didn't and she did. Case closed.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

What a maroon......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    ........I did have a teacher tell me one time to "shut up and do your work if not I am taking you to the office for an ass whooping". I didn't and she did. Case closed.
    I was a slow learner - I was still getting that sort of treatment when they finally got tired of me, gave me a diploma, and sent me home. The teachers probably had a celebration that evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    ...they finally got tired of me, gave me a diploma, and sent me home. The teachers probably had a celebration that evening.
    Heh heh heh… sounds like me. I was 17 and told the principal I was leaving school to go in the Army. He said he'd graduate me instead - a win for both of us.

I hated High School and thought it was a waste of my time. But, I loved college.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Move over flunkies----I can play that game too

I graduated 62 in a class of 62---and there wasn't anyone even close

I was the only one in my class not to go directly to college---I went to the Army 2 months after graduating.

Eight years latter, when I got my undergraduate mechanical engineering degree---I was on the opposite end of my class standing.

Unfortunately, Dr. Ralf Hausmann, who believed in me and managed to get me a college acceptance, passed away prior to my graduation.

I started college on final academic probation--any grade below a "C" would have resulted in my departure

That was kind of scary--I had been out of school for four years and never really understood how to study in the first place
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    What a maroon......Ben
    One wonders what color has to do with this topic?
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    One wonders what color has to do with this topic?
    I never thought I'd see you play the race card, Fred......

As for my academic record, I was doing great in school...I was in my third year of the fourth grade, just starting to get the hang of it when my draft notice came in the mail......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I never thought I'd see you play the race card, Fred......

As for my academic record, I was doing great in school...I was in my third year of the fourth grade, just starting to get the hang of it when my draft notice came in the mail......Ben
    And the winner is! And all set to get his GED in another 2 or 3 three years at the rate he's going.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    And the winner is! And all set to get his GED in another 2 or 3 three years at the rate he's going.
    Last year I couldn't even spell GED...In a few more years I'll gots one......Ben

I guess I just say my education was quite an adventure. Early Education was traditional and I got my ass whooped probably about twice a week by the principal because I wanted to be the class clown . Then I went to high school and I absolutely hated it I hated every minute of it so after that I decided what the hell I'll be a cop and I did that for five years got shot and that was over so I went to law school and did that for 31 years well wait a minute I'm still kind of doing that so whatever it means it's just life we're all just here living that's all it is surviving I'm trying to get along trying to make the next day.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Heh heh heh… sounds like me. I was 17 and told the principal I was leaving school to go in the Army. He said he'd graduate me instead - a win for both of us.

I hated High School and thought it was a waste of my time. But, I loved college.

Hunter
    I didn't offer to go military but I told them if they left me alone I would stop causing problems. It worked.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson