Thread: A truly sad day...

A truly sad day...

Last flight...This took place at Holloman AFB where I last served......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

That's a damned expensive target!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That's a damned expensive target!
    They're already converting F-16's for the next generation......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

We had a squadron of those here locally years ago. I called them "smokers" loved to see them scream off dumping all that black exhaust out the back.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I called them "smokers" loved to see them scream off dumping all that black exhaust out the back.
    That was Robin Olds' only worry about Operation Bolo...He thought the smoke might have given away his ruse to the NViets...But it all went off as planned, and half of the entire North Vietnamese Mig-21 inventory when down in flames in one day......Ben

Sadly these days the closest I can get to that kind of kick is when somebody lays down on a Cummins and blacks out everybody behind them.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Sadly these days the closest I can get to that kind of kick is when somebody lays down on a Cummins and blacks out everybody behind them.
    My previous one could do that (RIP), but my current Cummins is smoke-free......Ben