Thread: According to Google...

According to Google...

Today is First Responders Day...So to all who do, thanks......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    That be heart warming, maybe need a lot more of that.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

What Ben said
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Nice. First Responders need our support.

Things do add up emotionally for first responders. My wife came through her 30 years of service intact. Her sister also did 30 years - and it took a few chunks out of her soul. Why the difference? I can't know or say. But, I know how difficult it is for my SIL to now lead a normal life. She's damaged somehow, and we do not know how to help her.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

.....we do not know how to help her.
    Not to sound trite but prayer might lead you to insight and/or lead your SIL out of the forest.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Nice. First Responders need our support.

Things do add up emotionally for first responders. My wife came through her 30 years of service intact. Her sister also did 30 years - and it took a few chunks out of her soul. Why the difference? I can't know or say. But, I know how difficult it is for my SIL to now lead a normal life. She's damaged somehow, and we do not know how to help her.

Hunter
    I hate hearing that, there are some that seem to hold on to things. My son is a fireman but has joined the Airforce and will practice it there. I hope he stays in for he is one that will worry and hold everyone too close. The AF I hope will be easier on his heart.
    Is your SIL in any kind of counseling? I've found that group counseling, getting with people with the same problems helps more than anything in my opinion. I figure you all have tried everything I've been around the block with a sister, and just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. I took psychology in college for that reason alone, the mind in a hard place to get a bandaid to stick. I hope for the best for you all.
    This is your mind on drugs!