Thread: Flight Risk

Flight Risk

Here I go again. If a person gets indicted by a Grand Jury, can they be locked up while awaiting trial if they could be considered a flight risk ?. [ that would include anyone with a passport and a substantial amount of money ]
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Yes
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Where are you planning to run too? Don't worry, I won't tell anyone.

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Would rather just stay home and let them find me.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Where are you planning to run too? Don't worry, I won't tell anyone.
    If, if, for some unexplained reason you do not get elected, say voter fraud , I may be required to find residence in a Country with a non-extradition pact with our local Government. My in kind, [ urging everyone to vote for you ] actions may be considered unlawful . With that in mind, I have been walking around with my head held down picking up the pennies I find. Given enough time, I may find enough to ensure a comfortable life style in a cave with a near by McDonalds on some obscure island owned by a previously mentioned Country. [ The name of which is being withheld for security reasons. ]
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .