Thread: JIN Akagi located...

JIN Akagi located...

This is the second of seven warships which were sunk in the Battle of Midway...
    The expedition is an effort started by the late Paul Allen, the billionaire co-founder of Microsoft. For years, the crew of the 250-foot (76-meter) Petrel has worked with the U.S. Navy and other officials around the world to locate and document sunken ships. It has found more than 30 vessels so far.
    Capitalism's gift to history......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I like to see such discoveries that come out of WWII. It's all before my time, but remains a strong influence on my family history.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

The JIN's Kaga was also found this week...
    The crew of R/V Petrel have discovered more than 30 sunken warships including USS Hornet, USS Wasp, USS Juneau, USS Ward, USS Lexington, USS Helena and USS Indianapolis over the past few years. Additional past Vulcan-led expeditions have resulted in the discovery of USS Astoria, Japanese battleship Musashi and Italian WWII destroyer Artigliere.
    ...Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...