Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working on a budget...

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I think Barney is clearly an independent maybe even one of a kind.
    He for sure isn't one of a kind, I've seen a whole bunch of wannabes that apply and get hired and fired, and a lot more that apply and don't get hired in my career in a department of over 500 folks.

At my wife's memorial service I was proud to introduce several of the people that used to work for me to my family members. When I got them, they were all deputies, the lowest level in the chain of command. There were quite a few department members there, but four of them at the service were special to me because they were my guys. I did my best to help them be their best. They had all moved up the ranks since I retired. One made Sergeant, one Lieutenant and two Captains. If I did nothing else right during my time there, I schooled my people to be the best they could be and their promotions make me proud of them all.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    He for sure isn't one of a kind, I've seen a whole bunch of wannabes that apply and get hired and fired, and a lot more that apply and don't get hired in my career in a department of over 500 folks.

At my wife's memorial service I was proud to introduce several of the people that used to work for me to my family members. When I got them, they were all deputies, the lowest level in the chain of command. There were quite a few department members there, but four of them at the service were special to me because they were my guys. I did my best to help them be their best. They had all moved up the ranks since I retired. One made Sergeant, one Lieutenant and two Captains. If I did nothing else right during my time there, I schooled my people to be the best they could be and their promotions make me proud of them all.
    That's quite admirable Mike. I'm sure you left a great legacy in Harris County. Proud of you. I'd like to hook you up with my son who has now risen to the rank of Captain in our small Police Department I'm sure that you could give him some good tips.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

The best advice I've ever heard is "don't do anything you wouldn't want your mother to see on the 6:00 news."
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Ahh... Got it now. I've never seen one so was confused.
    In your travels stop by a rest area.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson