Thread: Saturday night diner with family and friends

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Saturday night diner with family and friends

We were at our middle son's home for a wonderful diner. He is a professional chief and we were treated to Cioppino, a Brussels Sprouts based salad and home made sourdough bread.

I don't find an Italian translation for "cioppino"--possibly due to it's origin in this country. Italian fishermen who fished at sea from CA would commonly tie their boats up side to side to form a raft over night while remaining at sea. Their diner of choice was a fisherman's stew made up of offerings from their day's catchs. Very similar to bouillabaisse but with a tomato base. The star players last night, shrimp, clams, and mussels. I would have been perfectly happy to simply pour off a large cup of the resultant stock and gone off into a corner to quietly savoir it. Even the heady aroma, full of garlic and the sea were alluring.

I'm sorry that I failed to take a picture

Here is a online image:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	7 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	37108  

Last edited by Dave Grubb; 10-13-2019 at 11:17 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis